People have different questions regarding milk in their minds. Is milk necessary for us? Is the milk we get today bad for us? If we do not drink milk, then the body will not get the necessary nutrients. Can we get the nutrients of milk from anything else? In today’s article, we will try to know the answers to all these questions.
Nutritional value of Milk
There are 18 different types of nutrients found in cow’s milk. These nutrients are very important for our body. The protein found in it is of very high quality. By drinking milk, our bones get calcium and become strong. Apart from this, it fulfills the deficiency of vitamin D. Milk is a complete meal of itself.
Health Benefits of Dairy Milk
- Bone Development
- Appetite Control
- It good Source of Quality Protein
- Heart Health
- Mental Growth and Development
- Boost Energy and Immunity
- Build Muscles
- Rich In Antioxidants
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety
The quality of Milk Depends on the Following Factors
1. Cow’s/Buffalo’s Age
2. Their Diet (Grass is best for them)
3. Happiness Status
5. Additives gave to them
How much-adulterated milk is good for your health? Nowadays, we get to see a lot of adulteration in milk, due to which people’s faith in milk is getting lost. It is very common to add a little water to milk. But according to a report, things like detergent, rice flour, caustic soda, starch, formalin, and urea are also mixed in milk which is dangerous for health. Apart from this, hormonal injections are given to animals to increase milk production. They are fed such a diet that they give more milk.
If there is any dairy near your house from where you bring organic milk which is of grass-fed cow or buffalo then it is safe for you. If you personally have any side effects from the milk then that is a different matter. But drinking milk overall is good for health.
How & When to Drink Milk
So now we know when and how to drink milk, what is harmful to consume with milk, and what is beneficial to consume. Milk is a complete food as there are so many nutrients found in milk.
The carbohydrate in milk is mainly in the form of simple sugar called lactose, which accounts for about 5% of the milk’s weight. The proteins present in milk can be divided into two groups on the basis of their solubility in water. Insoluble milk proteins are called casein (80%) and soluble proteins are called whey (20%) proteins. Whole milk contains about 4% fat. In many countries, the marketing of milk is based primarily on fat content. Whole milk contains 3.25% fat, while low-fat milk contains 2% fat, and low-fat milk contains 1% fat.
Best Time To Drink Milk
Drinking milk in the morning can cause indigestion and bloat. However, those who are trying to gain weight or build muscle can drink milk in the morning. The best time to drink milk is in the evening or before bedtime. Milk contains enzymes that help induce sleep.
Milk is a source of tryptophan which is an essential amino acid. It is not produced by the human body. Which is known to increase sleep and relax the brain. Also, milk contains magnesium and calcium. When you sleep after drinking milk at night, the magnesium and calcium present in the milk are better absorbed by the bones.
Talking about children, you can give them milk in the morning. Because children play all day long. Their activity level remains high, due to which the problem of indigestion is less and the milk drunk in the morning is easier to digest.
People who have more cough should always mix a small amount of turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and black pepper in milk and drink it after boiling it well.
IMPORTANT TIP: Adding some black pepper with turmeric in milk increases the nutrients of turmeric by 200%, which is more beneficial for the body.
- Do not consume very cold milk. When we heat milk, its molecular structure changes which are beneficial for the body. So always drink hot milk or drink it at room temperature.
- Even avoid having milk in tea or coffee with breakfast. Not only will this lead to side effects but the caffeine in tea/coffee will inhibit the absorption of many essential vitamins and minerals in your body.
- Also do not add milk to curry or gravy.
- Milk contains complete protein. Do not mix milk with any other complete protein source, such as fish, chicken, or eggs. According to Ayurveda, milk should be taken only after 2 hours of eating such things. If this is not possible, then at least after 30 – 45 minutes take milk.
- Never take milk with citrus fruits, for example, orange, lemon, and sour apple. Do not take milk with food.
- Even sugar should not be taken in milk. Taking milk and sugar together leads to obesity and weight gain. Milk is naturally sweet, as it contains lactose. So we should not add sugar to it. If necessary, jaggery or honey can be added to the milk.
Side Effects of Milk
Many times people have the problem of pimples by drinking milk. 60 to 65 percent of people have trouble with the digestion of milk. Many people also have constipation and acidity can also be a problem. Whether milk will suit you or not depends on person to person.
The milk of a cow or buffalo is made for its calf. And their calf grows very fast. Humans do not grow as fast as a calf of a cow or a buffalo. Biologically their milk is not made for humans.
The side effect of not consuming milk in the right way
If you are not taking milk properly then its side effects can also occur. If milk is not taken properly, it can cause indigestion, bloating, and kidney damage.
Milk and Hormones
A number of steroid and hormonal injections are given to animals to promote milk production. Injected oxytocin reaches the human body through the consumption of milk or any other dairy product, causing many side effects.
These days the early puberty seen in girls, the development of breasts in men, and the decrease in testosterone production due to hormonal imbalance are all due to the hormones that we are getting from adulterated milk. Furthermore, animals fed GMO food or grains are harmful to both males and females.
This Post Has One Comment
Thanks so much!